When it comes to your natural hair, there is nothing more fulfilling than having a hairstylist that is in love with what they do and love to educate you (the client) about your hair.
I’ve been fortunate to go through the hands of Felicia M. Leatherwood, Amena BelledeSoleil and now Crown Dreadlocks who all have a goal of making your hair flourish by taking care of your body, inside and out. Here are some tips I have gathered from them along the way.
- Drink lots of water. You need to hydrate your body to help retain moisture in your hair.
- Have a daily moisturizing routine. May differ due to hair type but paying close attention to your hair and what it needs will set the tone for your routine
- Sleep with a satin bonnet to prevent ripping and tugging of your hair on your cotton pillow/sheets
- Trim your hair every 4-6 weeks. Your hair needs it. There’s no good that comes from keeping split ends even though it makes you feel good to have some hair length.
- Make sure to deep condition your hair at least every 2 weeks
Hope these tips help you with your natural hair journey. Feel free to comment about more tips you can share with us all.
Follow us on the socials @curleeme
Anthea is a web designer, an entrepreneur and the founder of CurleeMe. Her love for natural hair care has led her through this journey. When she’s not designing or running CurleeMe she enjoys spending time with her 2 little kids and family.